- O-Ring silicone lubricant for control and pressure plug valves, water softener and faucet valves
- Sealant for vacuum and pressure systems
- Sealant for outdoor equipment (also shipboard) subject to washing and harsh environment exposure: meters, electrical service entrance and underground connections
- Damping medium for dash pots in electrical and electronic equipment
- Chemical barrier coating
- Used as an anti-stick and sealant for transformer gasket and equipment enclosures. It prevents gaskets from sticking to metal and resists weathering and water washout
- Rubber and plastic O-rings, gaskets and seals
- NSF 51, NSF 61 approved and is acceptable as a release agent under FDA 21 CFR 175.300, when used in accordance with that regulation
- Maintains a serviceable consistency from approximately -40° to 392°F (-40° to 200°C)
- Dow 111 Silicone Lubricant can be applied by hand, specially designed automated equipment, brushing or wiping. Certain designs of grease guns may seize up; test prior to use.
- A thinner consistency can be achieved by dispersing in solvents such as xylene, mineral spirits and methyl ethyl ketone. Dow 111 Silicone Lubricant can then be applied by brushing, dipping or spraying.
- Dow 111 Silicone Lubricant should not be applied to any surface which will be painted or finished. Such coatings may not adhere to the silicone-treated surface. If contaminated by a silicone coating, parts can be wiped or washed with solvent, washed with detergent, or immersed in an alcoholic potassium hydroxide solution and then rinsed in clear water before painting.
Meets FDA 21 CFR 175.300
- Good resistance to most chemicals
- Wide service temperature range (-40°C to +200°C)
- Low vapor pressure
- Low volatility
- Excellent water resistance
- Size: 5.3oz Tube
- Silicone oil
- Inorganic thickener
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.